Smelly Cat.. Smelly Cat


It's amazing how integral smell becomes as a part of memories..

This became more clear when I realised that my daily route to office is classified not so much by the different buildings on the side but by the different smells which are distinct to those different parts.. Can't use the word aroma or fragrance to capture the exact essence!

The Tulsi Pipe stretch encompasses a multitude of smells, the stench arising from the slums on the side to the overpowering nose tickling smell of fresh green chilies mixed with coriander. Following this is the heady fragrance of fresh flowers soon to be replaced by the smell of even fresher fish being loaded into the trucks.

Smell is something that we get used to, and after a while we stop realising that it exists.. As it is stated, if you live next to the garbage dump, soon you will be oblivious to it, not because you are ok with it but because the sensitive nose gets acclimatized to it.

I remember my initial trips to Mumbai, when I would feel that I would gag due to the overpowering smell of humanity. Now I don't even realise it..

The smell of rain, which is currently in the air evokes a lot of memories and often makes a lot of us want to snuggle in with a good book and a steaming cup of coffee

No comments: