Yeh Mumbai Shahar hadson ka shahar hai

Yahann roz roz har modh modh pe hota hai koi na koi hadsaa......

Well that seemed like how my first 6 weeks seem to have gone by...

If I got two things fixed another three were just waiting to fall apart..

If it wasn't getting things fixed then it was getting myself fixed.. coughing like i was carrying all the infection in the world in my chest..

Well now things are on a smoother plane.. Or atleast on the superficial level they appear to be.. Can't keep worrying when all of this will unraveling again. As of now it's good..

What can I say about the shahar??? I will not compare it to Delhi, definitely not.. Delhi is home.. so not fair if I compare Mumbai to it.. It's like comparing a Motel to your home..

Motel??? Oh well this city does sometimes remind me of those seedy motels on the highway that one reads about.. Well I'm not going to crib either..

I didn't think it would be so hard adjusting, didn't think that i would get into my shell and refuse to get out of it.. But then that's what i feel like doing most of the time.. I know people have noticed and I know I should do something to shake myself out of it, but somehow this melancholic feeling refuses to let go of me..

There are times when I can feel loneliness overpowering all my other thoughts. When it's Sunday afternoon and I haven't seen a single soul apart from my maid for more than 40 hrs.. When apart from brief telephonic conversations I've not had any other conversation.. Those are moments when I start to question my decision..

I can't believe that I'm missing my totally stressed out existence of Delhi..

And then one comes to the relationships.. friendships I question... since I haven't seen too many of them since I've come here.. I still speak to my Delhi friends at every single moment.. Maybe they define me more than anything so i need to keep that connect alive.

And then there is that one single relationship which is supposed to motivate and keep you going.. well even that just seems to add to the whole equation in sending me zooming off into this totally bizarre existence...

Well this last one actually requires a blog of its own I guess..

I think I could fall in love with Mumbai too.. The moment it hit me was when I travelling through Marine drive.. The beauty of the town part of Mumbai just blew me away.. totally awestruck with the old graceful buildings, the old world charm mingling with the glass fronted abodes of the nouveau riche.. it all came together without being jarring. It reminded me a little of Luyten's Delhi (only a little).. Somehow it reminded me of home.. If I was a poet, could wax lyrical about this Mumbai..

Now I know why the townies consider themselves way above the mere mortals who throng to the suburbs at the end of a gruelling workday..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I to but I dream the collection should have more info then it has.